Friday, May 7, 2010

Exclusive Interview With Best Tollywood Herione Ileana

Interview With  Ileana
 
Ileana D'Cruz (born 01 November 1987 in Mumbai) is an Indian film actress.
She made her feature film debut through Y.V.S. Chowdhary's Telugu-language film Devadasu opposite newcomer, Ram, but has also done a Tamil film Kedi. She has emerged one of the most successful actresses in the Telugu film industry, having appeared in several blockbusters like Devadasu, Pokiri, Jalsa and Kick.

Tollywood actress Ileana back to Tamil movies. But the actress is in no hurry. Ileana was in the city to launch a dance studio, when DC caught up with the actress for a freewheeling interview:

Why is it taking a long time to make a comeback in Tamil?(Smiles) I have been getting lot of offers from Tamil (industry) after my debut film Kedi. All along I was busy with Telugu movies. Even now, recently I had agreed to do a film with Vikram under Vikram K Kumar’s direction because the script was amazing. But unfortunately, the project is not happening now. I had listened to yet another script from Bhoopathy Pandian with the same hero playing the protagonist. I liked the script. Yet to sign on dotted line. Let’s see.

You even turned down Rajinikanth’s film Sultan The Warrior!
When I realised it was an animated film and my face is not going to be shown, it was just mutual consent with the film’s director Soundarya Rajinikanth that I did not do Sultan.

See
 full size imageWhat happened to your Bollywood entry?Hindi films reach pan Asian audiences. It is a very big platform. So I want a solid script which would project me correctly. I am in no hurry.

Unlike Bollywood, do you think actresses are getting meaty roles in south?Everyone knows that I am picky about my roles. So far I have been lucky to get good films. In Hindi, once you prove yourself, some sort of image is carried with you and people take you seriously. Yes, I do agree that in the South it is seldom an actress gets meaty characters. It is predominantly a male dominated industry.

What about the rumours about your silicon treatment?
Me? Silicon treatment? Do I look like that? (Laughs) I will never ever even think of it in (my) wildest dreams. I don’t want to play around with my body. Accept me as it is — this is my mantra.

What are your other interests?I love to sing, I want to start my own band in future. I like to design clothes, sketch and I’m also interested in the game of football.

Subscribe for more updates

No comments:

Post a Comment